[Mono-aspnet-list] mod_mono with Apache2.2 on Windows Vista [BROKEN]
monoposter at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 9 12:40:59 EST 2010
Last night I spent several hours trying to get mod_mono to work with
Apache2.2 on my Windows system with zero success.
- Windows Vista Business
- Apache 2.2 (httpd-2.2.15-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi)
- Mono 2.6.1 (mono-2.6.1-gtksharp-2.12.9-win32-1.exe)
- Latest mod_mono.so file (from http://anmar.eu.org/mono/mod_mono/)
- GTK# 2.12 (gtk-sharp-2.12.9-2.win32.msi)
- MonoDevelop (2.2.1) (MonoDevelop-2.2.1.msi)
1. Install Mono + GTK#.
2. Install MonoDevelop.
3. Install Apache.
4. Copy mod_mono.so to the apache2.2/modules folder.
5. Update apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf per the sample configuration on
5. Start Apache.
* Apache throws an error and fails to start.
* Within Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application I see this message....
--- begin snip ---
The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 485 of C:/Program
>>> Files/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/Program
>>> Files/Apache2.2/modules/mod_mono.so into server: The specified module
>>> could not be found. .
---- end snip ---
I tried reinstalling both Mono and Apache to (a) their default install
directories (b) to directories without spaces (e.g. C:\apache2.2). But no
After some extensive and painful Googleing I found one other person that
reported a similar error message. Unfortunately nobody responded to his
In any case, I have since then removed all traces of Mono from my Windows
machine and will go back to my Linux virtualbox...
Side Note: I was able to test a sample Mono/ASP.NET web application using
XSP. But having a command window running all the time is just gross.
Not looking for any responses, just an FYI to anyone who has the same issue.
View this message in context: http://n4.nabble.com/mod-mono-with-Apache2-2-on-Windows-Vista-BROKEN-tp1586345p1586345.html
Sent from the Mono - ASP.NET mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Mono-aspnet-list