[Mono-announce-list] ANNOUNCE: F-Spot 0.7.0 Released!
ruben at savanne.be
Wed Jun 16 14:44:09 EDT 2010
After a month of intense hacking, we have just released F-Spot 0.7.0,
the first release of the unstable 0.7 series, which will lead up to a
stable 0.8 in september. This means radical changes, possible breakage
(which we try to avoid) and generally a lot of progress.
The goal of thus cycle is to replace as much code bits by Banshee-code
(where possible), clean up, refactor, blingify. All of this will make it
much more stable and hackable, allow us to solve some of our long
standing issues (performance / memory usage) and do more radical changes
(on the UI and internally).
Notable changes in this release are:
* A fully rewritten import, much faster and less memory-hungry.
* Reparenting and detaching support
* New Mallard-based documentation
* Started replacing core parts with Banshee equivalents.
* No longer uses gphoto2-sharp, now uses gvfs which crashes less.
* Fixed Facebook support
* Modernized unit tests
* A new build system
* Duplicate detection that actually works
* Mouse selection in the icon view.
* Panning support using the middle mouse button
* UI improvements and over 100 bugs closed: http://bit.ly/cyVjnD
* 555 files changed, 36400 insertions(+), 48205 deletions(-)
All of this has been made possible by our contributors. Special thanks
go out to Peter Sikking, Jakub Steiner, Hylke Bons, Garrett LeSage and
Andy Fitzsimon for their invaluable design input at Libre Graphics
People with code (and documentation) contributions to this release:
Anton Keks, Bertrand Lorentz, Christian Krause, Christopher
Halse Rogers, Daniel Köb, Gabriel Burt, Harold Schreckengost,
Iain Churcher, Iain Lane, Lorenzo Milesi, Mike Gemünde, Nick Van
Eeckhout. Paul Lange, Paul Wellner Bou, Peter Goetz, Ruben
Vermeersch, Vincent Pomey, Wojciech Dzierżanowski
Translators for this release:
Andika Triwidada (Indonesian), Andrej Žnidaršič (Slovenian),
Bruce Cowan (British English), Christian Kirbach (German),
Claude Paroz (French), Fran Diéguez (Galician), Gabor Kelemen
(Hungarian), Jorge González (Spanish), Kjartan Maraas (Norwegian
bokmål), Lorenzo Milesi (Italian), Mario Blättermann (German),
Michel Recondo (Brazilian Portuguese), Miloš Popović (Serbian),
Sira Nokyoongtong (Thai)
This new release can be downloaded here:
Or through GNOME git, using the 0.7.0 tag.
Full NEW overview:
f-spot 0.7.0 - Jun 16 2010 - Full Steam Ahead!
- First release of the unstable 0.7 development series. Massive changes.
- Reparenting and detaching support (Anton Keks)
- A new Mallard-based documentation (Harold Schreckengost)
- No longer embeds flickrnet, uses distribution copy (Iain Lane)
- Adoption of a large amount of Hyena functionality (Paul Lange,
- No longer embeds gnome-keyring-sharp
- Completely rewritten import, much faster and less memory hungry
- No longer use gphoto2-sharp, now uses gvfs which is less crash-prone
- Fix Facebook support (Ruben Vermeersch)
- Modernized unit tests
- Revamped build (Mike Gemünde)
- Much improved duplicate detection (much faster too)
- Mouse selection in Iconview (Vincent Pomey)
- Image panning support using middle mouse button
- Timeline slider now restricted to the size of the window
- Over 100 bugs closed (http://bit.ly/cyVjnD)
Ruben Vermeersch (rubenv)
More information about the Mono-announce-list