[Mono-announce-list] ANNOUNCE: Tomboy 1.1.1 development release
sanfordarmstrong at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 23:00:09 EST 2010
I'm pleased to announce Tomboy 1.1.1, the second development release
on the road to Tomboy 1.2, which will coincide with GNOME 2.30.
Today marks feature freeze for Tomboy 1.2. The only features not
represented in the 1.1.1 development release are automatic background
synchronization and customizable keybindings, both of which will soon
be merged into master for 1.1.2.
DISTRIBUTORS TAKE NOTE: in order to implement Tomboy's new wicked-fast
startup time, we had to remove a work-around  that kept Tomboy from
writing to disk every 40 seconds. This work-around is no longer
necessary for anyone using Mono >= 2.4.3. If you are upgrading to
Tomboy 1.1.1 or 1.2, we highly recommend upgrading your Mono
installation to at least version 2.4.3.
Tomboy is a simple personal note-taking application designed to be
unobtrusive and friendly, while supporting inter-note-links similar to
a WikiWikiWeb to help you organize your notes and ideas. It can run
either as a GNOME panel applet or a notification tray icon.
Tomboy's Website: http://www.gnome.org/projects/tomboy
Tomboy's Wiki: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy
* Road Map: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/RoadMap
* Brainstorming: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/PlaceForNewIdeas
Mac OS X disk image:
This release includes the following changes:
* Awesome new Jump List support on Windows 7 (#587330, Stefan Cosma)
* Copy rich text from notes to apps like Evolution and OpenOffice.org Writer.
Feature requires gtk-sharp 2.12.10 (#431014, Gabriel Burt)
* Rearrange Tomboy startup so icon appears within 0.5-1.0 seconds
* Prevent crash when entering empty notebook name (#602483, Greg Poirier)
* Other fixes: #594662, #592985, #541663
* New translations: ast, en at shaw
* Translation updates: bg, bn, es, et, eu, he, it, nb, sl, sv, uk, zh_CN
Special thanks to everyone entering bugs, submitting patches,
keeping translations up to date, and helping to make Tomboy
More information about the Mono-announce-list