[Mono-announce-list] Announcing OpenTK 0.9.9-2
stapostol at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 14:00:55 EDT 2009
We are excited to announce the 0.9.9-2 release of the OpenTK library
OpenTK is a free, cross-platform library that provides OpenGL, OpenGL|ES,
OpenAL and OpenCL bindings to Mono/.Net applications. OpenTK shares a
common descent with the Tao framework but has evolved to take advantage of
features such as generics and strongly-typed enums.
The 0.9.9-2 contains several notable improvements over previous versions:
* Compatibility with Tao applications that rely on Tao.OpenGl, Tao.OpenAl
* Better project structure to support side-by-side binding profiles
without affecting backwards compatibility (e.g. 'forward-compatible'
OpenGL 3.2 profile alongside 'full' OpenGL profile, as defined by Khronos).
* Support for strongnamed assemblies.
* Support for OpenGL|ES extensions and construction of EGL contexts.
* Updated OpenCL bindings that follow the latest released cl.h.
* Updated OpenGL bindings for the ARB_imaging subset (OpenGL 1.2).
* Additions to the math library (Quaternion scaling, new Matrix4 methods).
* More than three hundred documentation fixes.
* Internal refactoring to reduce code duplication across platforms.
* Refactoring to reduce dependency on System.Windows.Forms.
This release supports OpenGL 3.2, OpenGL|ES 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0, OpenCL 1.0
and OpenAL 1.1. The binaries run on both 32bit and 64bit CPUs and support
Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, without recompilation.
Work will now focus on reducing external dependencies
(System.Windows.Forms, System.Xml, System.Diagnostics); improving Mac OS X
support; improving the OpenGL 3.2 API; and improving the math library.
Please report any issues you encounter to
http://www.opentk.com/project/issues/opentk. Feedback from Mac OS X users
will be *especially* appreciated.
More information about the Mono-announce-list