[Mono-announce-list] ANNOUNCE: Tomboy 0.15.1 Released (development release)
sanfordarmstrong at gmail.com
Tue May 26 23:32:40 EDT 2009
This email is to announce Tomboy 0.15.1, the second development release
on the road to Tomboy 1.0, which will coincide with GNOME 2.28.
Packagers take note: Tomboy now requires Mono 1.9.1 or later in order
to build. Its runtime requirement has not yet changed, so it should
still run on older versions of Mono.
Tomboy 0.15.1 includes a preview of support for synchronization with
the upcoming Tomboy Online web service. Synchronization is done via
our new REST API . We will announce as soon as we have a demo
server online for users to try. For now, feel free to set up Snowy
 (the software behind Tomboy Online) on your own system  and
help us improve it! You can expect more detailed announcements about
Snowy and Tomboy Online in developer blogs  and on the Tomboy
Tomboy is a simple personal note-taking application designed to be
unobtrusive and friendly, while supporting inter-note-links similar to
a WikiWikiWeb to help you organize your notes and ideas. It can run
either as a GNOME panel applet or a notification tray icon.
* Road Map:http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/RoadMap
Tomboy is available at:
This release includes the following:
* New WebSync add-in syncs to any server that implements the Tomboy
Web REST API,
such as Snowy [http://live.gnome.org/Snowy]. Baby-eating preview release.
* Require Mono 1.9.1 to *build* Tomboy (#573923). Should still run on
* Prevent PATH problems on Windows from breaking Tomboy (#558314).
* Search for phrases by quoting search text (#551097, Jan Rüegg).
* Fix drag&drop & middle-click paste of linked text (#414029, Stefan Schweizer).
* Save width of notebook pane in Search window (#563744, Benjamin Podszun).
* Disable sync menu items until backend configured (#473335, Benjamin Podszun).
* Close note find bar on escape, even when not focused (#540822,
* Support FUSE being built-in to kernel (#500524).
* Prevent crashes when reading unexpected note XML (#581844).
* Change "Open New Note Template" LinkButton to Button to prevent
* Focus search field every time Search window summoned (#535131,
* Only show Start Here note on first run if not running as applet (BNC #299810).
* HIG compliance in Sync preferences (#574154).
* Use correct "info" icon in add-in info windows (#508844).
* Use relative path to load help (BNC #326457, Boyd Timothy).
* Cache frequently-used text tags in one place instead of five.
* Documentation updates (Paul Cutler).
* Translation updates: el, es, et, gl
Special thanks to everyone entering bugs, submitting patches,
keeping translations up to date, and helping to make Tomboy
More information about the Mono-announce-list