[Mono-announce-list] ANNOUNCE: Tomboy 0.3.4
alex at beatniksoftware.com
Sun Jan 29 17:53:23 EST 2006
Hey everybody, a new Tomboy is out!
Tomboy is a simple note-taking application designed to be unobtrusive
and friendly, while supporting inter-note links similar to a WikiWikiWeb
to help you organize your notes and ideas. It can run either as a Gnome
Panel applet or a notification tray-icon.
Visit the Tomboy website at http://www.beatniksoftware.com/tomboy for
downloads, screenshots, and more information.
This newest release (0.3.4) has lots of great new features, including:
* New Evolution mail plugin:
To keep track of email, drag them from from Evolution into your
notes, to insert the mail's subject as a link. Click the link
to open the email!
* New Galago/Gaim presence plugin:
Just type the screenname of your buddies in a note to create a
link. Click to send them a message with Gaim!
* New Note of the Day plugin (not installed by default):
Auto-creates a new Note of the Day, every day, for you to jot
down TODOs or journal entries.
* New Fixed Width text plugin (not installed by default):
Hot off the presses, this plugin from Ryan Lortie lets you keep
code blocks nicely aligned.
* Handle middle-click paste to tray icon.
To quickly keep a snippet of text around for later, just select
it and middle-click the Tomboy tray icon. The text is inserted
into your "Start Here" note, with a timestamp.
And of course, lots of bugfixes:
* Support for building under latest Mono.
* Add plugin API for adding to the Text menu.
* Always show opened notes in the tray menu.
* Auto-detect panel applet install path.
* Fix inserting newline in note title line.
* Fix multi-line link creation.
You can download the source code directly from:
This is the first release in some time, and the last big one before some
major internal overhauls, like the switch to GTK# version 2.
I think this is by far the most solid Tomboy yet, and it's great to get
some useful new features out to a wider audience!
Thanks & Enjoy,
More information about the Mono-announce-list