[Gtk-sharp-list] problems with GdkWindow
Miguel de Icaza
27 Feb 2003 19:14:16 -0500
> ok, so i changed it to reflect all the ideas - still no go.
Ok, I looked up at the documentation for realize, and this is what it
has to say:
* This function is primarily used in widget implementations, and
* isn't very useful otherwise. Many times when you think you might
* need it, a better approach is to connect to a signal that will be
* called after the widget is realized automatically, such as
* "expose_event". Or simply gtk_signal_connect_after() to the
* "realize" signal.
I noticed that in mPhoto I get the GdkWindow in the expose handler.